Welcome to the original WNBA
The Women’s National Book Association, established in 1917, before women in America even had the right to vote. WNBA is a vibrant national organization. There are chapters with individual Active Members in ten cities, individual Network Members across the country, numerous corporate Sustaining Members, and chapter Honorary Members in the world of books and beyond. WNBA is a broad-based non-profit organization with some 800 members across the country, three distinguished national awards, and a history of lively events in chapter cities and elsewhere.
The Women’s National Book Association is a national organization of women and men who work with and value books. WNBA exists to promote reading and to support the role of women in the community of the book. .
The purposes of WNBA are educational and charitable. WNBA came into being to inform book women about matters relevant to themselves and the book world so that these women could inform and help one another.
That’s what we still do, through actions such as these:
- Bring together women and men who are active in the world of books
- Educate and inform the public about the need to create, produce, distribute, and use books
- Respond to requests for information about books and the allied arts and generate and support projects that help to disseminate such information
- Serve as a catalyst for all in the book community who wish to work together, and
- Promote recognition of women’s achievements in the book industry.
Sustaining Members 2014/15
*National Reading Group Month Sponsor
**Pannell Award Sponsor
If you are interested in becoming a Sustaining Member, please contact the WNBA National President Carin Siegfried
For a list of the current WNBA board members and contact information, please view the Officers page
Support the WNBA!
Make a donation to the Women's National Book Association by credit card or bank account using our secure PayPal account.
Your donation is tax-deductible. Thank you!
Please contact us if you have any questions.