CHAPTER MEMBERSHIP CHAIRPERSON
Network members are chapter members and receive all benefits accorded to active chapter members. Network members receive The Bookwoman and are welcome at any chapter meeting they are able to attend. Anyone eligible to join the WNBA is eligible for network membership provided that person lives in a city in which there is no chapter.
- Maintain membership address list and, when requested, provide mailing labels for The Bookwoman and other national correspondence.
- Drop any network or active member still in arrears in December.
- Recruit new active and network members.
- Billing form should have space for members to submit names of friends who might be interested in joining WNBA.
- Ask chapter president to have someone in the chapter gather names of persons outside the chapter who are eligible.
- Membership chair follows up on these suggestions by inviting prospective members to join, enclosing current brochure.
- If there are six or more network members in one locale, check with national president regarding possible new chapter.
1. Send out renewal bills to all active and network members.
2. When check is received, chairperson gives the check to treasurer and writes a letter of acknowledgment. (See sample.)
3. Update and maintain mailing list based on renewals.
1. Send second notice to unpaid active and network members.
1. Send third notice to active and network members still delinquent.
2. Delete from membership list any members who have not renewed by December 1.