Network Membership Benefits
Welcome to WNBA! If you live in a city without a chapter of the Women’s National Book Association, you can join the chapter of your choice as a Network member. Membership entitles you to benefit personally and professionally by connecting with other WNBA members in the following ways:
- Learn about trends and issues in the book industry and literary world
- Listen online to streaming audio of New York publishing panels
- Receive The Bookwoman, WNBA’s national newsletter, three times a year
- Receive your chapter’s newsletter
- Network with WNBA professionals via the online National Directory
- Attend WNBA events anywhere in the country
- Access your chapter’s and national’s Members Only sections of the WNBA Web sites
- Vote in all WNBA national elections
- Nominate a bookwoman for the WNBA Award
- Through The Bookwoman:
- Publish articles or book reviews
- Publicize books or articles you’ve published
- Advertise your skills or business
- List your areas of specialization in the online National Directory
Two of these benefits merit special attention:
New York Publishing Panels. Streaming audio of a number of the New York City chapter’s programs is now available to all WNBA members. These programs, in which panels of professionals discuss hot topics, are available on the NYC chapter Web site. You can listen to and download a written copy of the panel discussions, including the question-and-answer sessions. A recent program available on this audio stream is: “Young Literary Agents on Publishing: Changing the Industry One Book at a Time. The information contained in any one of these programs alone is worth the price of the annual Network membership dues.
National Membership Directory. This new password-protected Directory is available online in the For Members Only section of the national Web site: www.wnba-books.org. This Directory enables members to contact and network with each other, one of the prime benefits of membership in WNBA.
To join WNBA, simply print the application form linked below, complete it, and send it with your check to the chapter of your choice. A list of the chapter addresses is included in the application form PDF.