Welcome to WNBA! Membership entitles you to benefit personally and professionally by connecting with other WNBA members in the following ways:
- Learn about trends and issues in the book industry and literary world
- Listen online to streaming audio of New York publishing panels
- Receive The Bookwoman, WNBA’s national newsletter, three times a year
- Receive your chapter’s newsletter .
- Network with WNBA professionals via the online National Directory
- Attend WNBA events anywhere in the country
- Access your chapter’s and national’s Members Only sections of the WNBA Web sites
- Vote in all WNBA national elections
- Nominate a bookwoman for the WNBA Award
Through the WNBA Promotional Program
- Promote your book or service on the national website
- Member authors: One book cover image in rotation on the home page
- Member authors: Up to three book cover images on our Featured Books page
- Members with companies or professional services: Your logo, URL, and description featured
- $30 annual fee
Through The Bookwoman:
- Publish articles or book reviews
- Publicize books or articles you’ve published
- Advertise your skills or business
For Bookwoman Submission Guidelines and Deadlines click here.
On this Website:
List your areas of specialization in the online National Directory
Post your books
Link your blog
View New York Publishing Panels. Streaming audio of a number of the New York City chapter’s programs is available to all WNBA members. These programs, in which panels of professionals discuss hot topics, are available on the NYC chapter Web site. You can listen to and download a written copy of the panel discussions, including the question-and-answer sessions. One such program available on the audio stream is: “Young Literary Agents on Publishing: Changing the Industry One Book at a Time.” The information contained in any one of these programs alone is worth the price of the annual Network membership dues.
Search our National Membership Directory. Our password-protected Directory is available online in the For Members Only section of this site. This Directory enables members to contact and network with each other, one of the prime benefits of membership in WNBA.
To join WNBA
If you live in a city with an established chapter, contact them (refer to Find a Chapter). If you’re more than fifty miles from the nearest chapter city, simply print the linked below, complete it, and send it with your check for $50 to the chapter of your choice. A list of the chapter addresses is included in the application form PDF.
WNBA has four categories of membership:
- Active Members are chapter members who live in close proximity to a chapter city and can attend meetings.
- Network Members are individuals who do not live in a city with a WNBA chapter.
- Sustaining Members are corporations or individuals that support WNBA financially and are recruited by chapter presidents, national officers, and others.
- Honorary Members may be named by a chapter from time to time.
Chapters may establish additional membership categories for local use.
Active membership is at the chapter level. Annual contributions are paid to and established by the chapter. Active members are eligible to attend all chapter programs, serve on committees, be elected to local and national offices, and receive The Bookwoman. The chapter determines other chapter benefits.
Network membership is open to anyone who does not live in a city with a WNBA chapter. Network members may elect to affiliate with any WNBA chapter and are entitled to all rights and privileges accorded to active chapter members and to any additional benefits extended by that chapter to its members. Click here to download a Network Membership application.
Sustaining membership is open to firms, individuals, or organizations that support the goals and activities of WNBA. Sustaining members are eligible to attend all national WNBA functions, nominate women candidates for the WNBA Award, and receive The Bookwoman. Contributions are on a sliding scale based on annual sales:
Up to $10 million or not-for-profit: $500
$10 million – $100 million: $1,500
$100 million – $250 million: $2,000
Over $250 million: $2,500 or more
If you are interested in becoming a Sustaining member, please contact the WNBA National President listed on the Officers page.
The designation and privileges of Honorary membership are made at the chapter level.
To join WNBA, contact a chapter by going to their website and following membership directions. If you are not near a chapter, you may become a network member by completing the application form linked below and sending it with your check to the chapter of your choice. To associate with a chapter, you will find a list of the chapter addresses is included in the application form PDF.