- Write letters of congratulation, sympathy, and formal communiqués from WNBA.
- Send appropriate files to WNBA Archives at Columbia University. (See Women’s National Book Association Archives, below, for address.)
- Take minutes at national board annual meeting.
- Prepare action minutes; send to national president for review; distribute to every individual who must carry out one of the responsibilities.
- Complete first draft of minutes within four weeks; send to president for revisions and approval.
- Send revised first draft to all members of executive committee for comment. Ask that comments be received within three weeks.
- Prepare final draft; send to president for signature. President returns signed copy to secretary.
- Duplicate signed copy and distribute to all national officers, committee chairs, chapter presidents, and others who need the information or are mentioned in the minutes.
- Query national board members via e-mail to determine how many sheets of stationery, brochures, and envelopes they need; have information available regarding how many each recipient used in the previous year.
- Circulate form at national board meeting requesting name, address, phone and fax numbers, and e-mail address for each board member, committee chair, and chapter president for the following year. Create a roster from this information, and distribute it to each member of the national board. Be sure to include the editor(s) and designer of The Bookwoman.
- Have new stationery, envelopes, and brochure printed.
- Receive updated information from national president.
- Revise originals, getting help from graphics specialist if needed.
- Obtain quotes for best price.
- Order stationery, brochures, and envelopes
- Store originals for future use after materials have been printed.
- Distribute stationery and other materials to those on national letterhead in amounts requested or
- Ask printer to drop ship.
- Give printer a list of people to whom materials should be sent and amounts requested by each.
- Supply printer with address labels for these people.
- Again, query national board members via e-mail to determine how many sheets of stationery, brochures, and envelopes they need; have information available regarding how many each recipient used in the previous year.
- Prepare written report for national board annual meeting.
- Prepare necessary forms for national board meeting.