The Women’s National Book Association wants to know about bookstores in the United States that excel at inspiring kids’ interest in reading, as well as creatively bringing books and young people together. The organization will present the annual WNBA Pannell Award to two bookstores–one a general bookstore and one a children’s specialty bookstore–at BookExpo America in June. Each recipient will receive a check for $1,000 and a framed piece of original art by a noted children’s book illustrator. Nominated stores can make their submissions to the Pannell jury electronically via email.
To nominate your favorite bookstore (even your own!), please provide the following:
1) Name and location of store
2) Category—indicate whether the store is a general or a children’s specialty bookshop
3) Contact person at the store, including email address and phone number (most important!)
4) A brief statement about why you believe the store is deserving of this award, including information about programs that the store sponsors to encourage the love of books in young readers.
6) Your name, contact info, and affiliation to the nominated store.
Please email your nominations to [email protected]