SUSTAINING MEMBER (new or returning) LETTER
Little, Brown and Company
3 Center Plaza
Boston, MA 02108-2084
As the new president of the Women’s National Book Association, I am delighted to welcome Little, Brown as a sustaining member of WNBA. The company’s generous support is essential to the work we do to promote reading and to advance the role of women in the community of the book.
Little, Brown’s contribution will be recognized throughout the year in each issue of our newsletter, The Bookwoman, in our brochure, on our Web site, and of course on the letterhead. In addition, we hope to be able to feature sustaining members in a variety of ways in The Bookwoman. Stay tuned!
With Little, Brown’s help, WNBA will continue to exert a positive influence. Throughout the country, our all-volunteer organization will
- donate books, time, and other resources to community literacy programs and to people in shelters;
- offer programs to help book professionals build their skills;
- develop events to bring issues related to publishing, including freedom of the press, to the attention of the general public;
- present the WNBA Award to a living American bookwoman who has made an outstanding contribution to the world of books and, through books, to society;
- present the WNBA Pannell Award to booksellers who develop significant programs to bring children and books together (at BEA); and
- award the WNBA Eastman Grant to a librarian who wants to gain an education in some aspect of publishing.
We are proud to have you join us in our efforts. Thank you again!